[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jean Everson Martina <everson at inf dot ufsc dot br>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] HowTo NAT private IP to public IP before going through VPN
 Date:  Wed, 06 Oct 2004 14:06:22 -0300
Hi all,

	Regarding about NAT issues, yesterday I've got a little problem with
m0n0. I'm using m0n0 1.2b1 as a firewall on a genreic PC, but I'm using
real IPs for all machines inside. I have a bunch of IPs and I dont need
to NAT anything.
	What I got was that m0n0 by default nat all my real address to the wan
address of the firewall. is this correct?
	It could be very usefull, but there is no way to disable (I disabled it
by commenting out the ipnat rules in filter.inc)?
	Why should we expect that everybody use NATed IPs? And if I don't want
to nat everything from inside to outside? shouldn't it come with this?

Jean