[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Patrik" <paake at telia dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  No carrier between router and computer
 Date:  Wed, 6 Oct 2004 21:01:57 +0200
Im running m0n0wall on WRAP with 3 interfaces.
One for WAN, works well, another for LAN, works well, and the
third I want to use for my server. Now I have the server connected
to a switch which is connected to LAN interface.

When I try to connect server with the third interface OPT1 I never
get any carrier, the leds are just black. I have tested with both
twisted and straight, although twisted should be the way to go.
Have tried some other combination:

Router <-> Laptop OK
Server <-> Laptop OK
Server <-> Router Not ok!

How come I dont get a link with this combination but with the others?
Some help would be great!

Thanks,
Patrik