[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Patrik <paake at telia dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] No carrier between router and computer
 Date:  Wed, 6 Oct 2004 18:35:57 -0400
On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 21:37:11 +0200, Patrik <paake at telia dot com> wrote:
> > Sounds like you aren't using an appropriate crossover cable.  Does
> > laptop <-> m0n0 directly (no hub or switch between) work with the same
> > cable server <-> m0n0 doesn't work?
>
> All tests have been made with the same and only crossover cable I have.
> So to answer, yes, laptop <-> m0n0 works with the same cable that
> server <-> m0n0 doesn't.

And laptop <-> m0n0 on the same OPT interface does work, correct?

Autonegotiation issue possibly?  Possible, though I don't know how
likely that is.  Can't think of anything else off the top of my head
at the moment that would be system-to-system specific like that.
You can try setting speed and duplex on either or both sides.  Not
going to hurt anything.