[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Vincent Fleuranceau <vincent at bikost dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] R: [m0n0wall] VNC Problem
 Date:  Thu, 07 Oct 2004 11:29:47 +0200
-------- Original Message --------

> Maybe your problem was due to MTU differences, fragmentation and incorrect
> handling of icmp messages ( it happened to me in the past that a mtu problem
> prevented me to connect to a terminal server rdp machine through tunnels).

Do you mean I should change by hand the MTU on each workstation and
server on both subnets?  Did you try to do that to solve your problem?
If yes, did it work fine after?

I really hoped I could avoid changing the MTU on every computer, but I
might give it a try... I suspect Microsoft TCP/IP stack does not handle
ICMP messages very well.

To all: feedback on that topic is welcome! I must not be the only one
with that (possible) MTU problem...

-- Vincent