[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  christopher rowarth <weezel at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Problem getting past gateway
 Date:  Thu, 7 Oct 2004 13:14:59 +0100
Hi there,

I currently have m0n0wall installed on an old pc, and have that set up
as follows:

2x NIC's, one configured for lan, 192.168.0.1 for the gateway IP,
192.168.0.2 - 192.168.0.254 for the usable IP range for lan users.

the 2nd NIC configured for wan, set to static IP, entered the IP for
the wan, the subnet mask, the gateway.

My router is set up as follows, the router has its own wan IP, the
internal 'lan' IP is the same as the wan IP, NAT is off, DHCP is off
and i have 8 static IPs assigned to me from my ISP. 5 of which are
usable by hosts, one of which is assigned to my m0n0wall box. now, on
my windows machine, i have the NIC set up with a static IP, a subnet
mask, a gateway IP, and DNS servers. i have entered the same
information into the m0n0wall, changing the static IP to one that isnt
used.

Whats wrong is that i can connect to a machine on my 'lan' from my
laptop which is assigned a lan IP by the m0n0wall but, i cant see past
the gateway(my router) my windows machine cant however view the setup
page on the m0n0wall from inside the 'lan'.

any ideas anyone? i can explain anything else you might need to know

thanks,
Chris