[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  "horst dot ritter at mach dot com" <horst dot ritter at mach dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] HowTo NAT private IP to public IP before going through VPN
 Date:  Thu, 7 Oct 2004 00:44:49 -0400
On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 19:02:08 +0200, horst dot ritter at mach dot com
<horst dot ritter at mach dot com> wrote:

> I have to do FTP (vice versa) from an internal LAN which is using private
> IPs through a VPN tunnel. According to network policies the other network
> permits only public IPs. Unfortunately, I am not so familiar with the
> various NAT capabilities provided by m0n0wall. Therefore, I would like to
> know how to configure NAT for the private IP's (coming from LAN-Interface)
> to public IP's which are going through the VPN tunnel.

There are no built in capabilities in m0n0wall to do such a thing, and
I kind of doubt if ipnat even supports that on the same box as the
VPN.

Any way you do it, it'd get a little ugly.  You could put another
m0n0wall behind the remote VPN end point and NAT on it.    Not the
best solution, but that should work.

-Chris