[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] List reply-to, and CC choices
 Date:  Thu, 7 Oct 2004 10:36:10 -0700
> Would it be possible for the mailing list owner to switch the reply-to
> and CC fields on email sent from the list.
>
> Currently when clicking "reply" to an email on the list, the reply goes
> to the sender, rather than to the list. Often, a reply ends up being
> sent only to the user and because of this, the problem is solved, but
> the answer never makes it to the list leaving dead ends for future
> m0n0wall users seeking answers to questions.
>
> I think reply-to should be the m0n0wall list, and CC should be the
> original sender. Am I off base on this line of thinking?
>
> Thanks for any input.

There's always someone unhappy ;-)

I think it depends on the list managment software... some add a reply-to
header making it more effort to send to someone offlist... I've seen some
that strip the email of the sender to prevent harvesting of addresses... I
think that's why you see some people Reply-All, and then other people whine
about multiple copies...

It seem's everyone has a standard they can reference from somewhere...

I've stopped caring - and yes - sometimes I top post - I think it's easier
to read sometimes rather than searching a long document for a "me too".

my two anarchist cents :P

m/