[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Gifford <baadpuppy at gmail dot com>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] List reply-to, and CC choices
 Date:  Thu, 7 Oct 2004 14:23:07 -0400
Yes, there are many people still using MS Exchange and Lotus Notes
that use that stupid stupid stupid out of office broken crap.  Then
there are the people that love 'vacation'.

Also, most mail clients should be able to do a reply-to-list feature.
Mutt supports this.  gmail still does not.  :(  After all, they have
'reply' (implying reply to sender), and 'reply to all', why not a
'reply to list'?  I've asked gmail to add it.  I expect they'll keep
ignoring me.  *grin*

I haven't seen a reply-to-list feature in thunderbird.  I don't think
the two outlook clients do it either.  I also doubt eudora does it.
For such a useful feature for a mail client, it seems most don't even
support it.  :(

I'm personally against the reply to being set to the list.  It is too
easy to accidentally send a reply to a list that was meant for an
individual.

just my opinion,
jim

PS, in gmail, I do 'reply to all', then highlight the CC: address and
cut it, then highlight the To: and paste over it.  I'm get  I then
edit out any non-mailing list addresses.