[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Henning Wangerin <m0n0wall at hpc dot dk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Request: Multiple PPPoE connection at the same time
 Date:  Fri, 08 Oct 2004 00:35:36 +0200
Hi!

I have at FWA connection with 3 PPPoE logins. Right now two servers and
a monowall uses them, but I'd like to have only monowall directly on the
'net.

Can I have multiple PPPoE sessions running at the same time?
- or will I be able to do it in the future?

Right now I have:
                   ##########
WAN--+--ppp0(eth0):#monowall#:eth2----WLAN
     |             ##########:eth1----LAN---+
     |             #########                |
     +--ppp0(eth0):#server1#:eth1----LAN----+
     |             #########                |
     |                                      +--(other pcs)
     |             #########                |
     +--ppp0(eth0):#server2#:eth1----LAN----+
                   #########

But I'd like to have this layout...

WAN->--+--ppp0(eth0):##########:eth1----LAN--(other pcs)
       +--ppp1(eth0):#monowall#:eth2----WLAN
       +--ppp2(eth0):##########:eth3----DMZ--+--#server1#
                                             +--#server2#

... to have ventralized management of security and the possiblilty of an
easier expansion of the network.

TIA

--
Henning Wangerin <post plus 041005 at henning dot wangerin dot dk>