[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Barry Mather" <barry dot mather at dorecentres dot com dot au>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] bridge building
 Date:  Fri, 8 Oct 2004 12:09:34 +1000
The only real things I can think of for broadcasts are  :

WINS - eughhh
Why use wins when dns is so easy ???

Games - I had this problem when designing LARGE gaming networks in the
uk (1500 nodes all for gaming) we ended up using fbsd as a udp
forwarding box on each subnet, this works well and does not require

Um, that's it I think ??

Anyone else ?