[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Stefan Stolk - Dynasoft.nl" <stefan at dynasoft dot nl>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Supported mini-PCI cards (11Mbps/54Mbps)
 Date:  Fri, 8 Oct 2004 17:52:43 -0400
On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 23:31:49 +0200, Stefan Stolk - Dynasoft.nl
<stefan at dynasoft dot nl> wrote:
> I'm ready to buy a WRAP board. Do you recommend buying a minipci card for
> the future?

I run the only supported miniPCI wireless card I know of in a Soekris
4501.  Works well for me.

If you want to use b/g or a/b/g in the future, I'd wait on purchasing
a card until m0n0wall is compatible.  The cards sold by PC Engines and
Netgate, amongst others, will work when m0n0 gets to FreeBSD 5.x, but
no sense in buying one now and waiting until you can use it.  They'll
be cheaper later anyway.

-Chris