[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: [SPAM] Re: [m0n0wall] Soekris Alternative
 Date:  Fri, 8 Oct 2004 17:56:21 -0400
On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 16:26:37 -0400 (EDT), Matthew Juszczak
<matt at atopia dot net> wrote:
> We are considering purchasing four (4) WRAP3 platforms, and overwriting the default Star OS with
m0n0wall.  Does anyone see any issues/problems with this?

Shouldn't be.

> Our first idea was to go with Soekris, but after much headache, Soekris refuses to sell to out of
state government institutions.  Its very frustrating for us, but we are left going with WRAP boards
which look like they will do the same thing.

The WRAP boards are basically a Soekris 4801 minus the USB port, PCI
slot, and hard drive capabilities.  And they're roughly the same price
as a 4501, but more powerful.  See the FAQ for performance specs.

-Chris