[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jeffrey Goldberg <jeffrey at goldmark dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] "BIG" disc ?
 Date:  Fri, 8 Oct 2004 16:16:16 -0700 (PDT)
On Sat, 9 Oct 2004, [iso-8859-2] Peter Parnian wrote:

> Hi, just trying do installation and ive got this message ...safety
> overwrite check... pls. lets have look print screen. What to do? ...im
> sure with overwrite! thx.

I believe that the mailing list software (correctly) removed any
attachments sent, so we can't look at screen grab.

> PS: I have 2disc
> 1- 80GB
> 2- 20GB - this one have two partition (995MB and19GB)
> and to this I want install m0n0wall

Let me try to understand what you are trying to do.  Are you trying to
build a dual-boot machine which could boot m0n0wall off of a particular
partition?  If so, I don't think that that will happen.  As I understand
it, m0n0wall is a disk image, and may not work as a "partition image".
But I could easily be wrong about such boot processes.  I think, however,
that physdiskwrite does exactly what it says.  It writes to a physical
disk, not a partition.

Or are you trying to install m0n0wall on the 20GB disk which you will then
move to a machine which will run m0n0wall?  If so, than overwrite that
disk. But keep in mind m0n0wall will run comfortably on a 16MB "disk".
20GB is a complete and utter waste.

If you are trying to "install" m0n0wall as an application that runs on
some operating system, then you have misunderstood what m0n0wall is.  It
is its own operating system.

I'm sorry that I haven't been able to help more specifically.  I'm not
entirely sure what it is that you are trying to do.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                            http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/
  Hate spam?  Boycott MCI! http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/anti-spam/mci/