[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Edward Saipetch <beamz at twentybelow dot com>
 To:  gramels <gramels at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  tcp resets from filter_flush_nat_table? - Was:Odd problem with Vonage
 Date:  Fri, 08 Oct 2004 19:15:04 -0500
I made this change but over the last couple of days noticed that I
couldn't keep tcp sessions open long at all. The symptoms were that
active tcp connections would be disrupted causing even ssh sessions to
hang and ultimately result in connection reset by peer. While
downloading files, some would complete and some would hang in the middle
of the transfer, probably ever minute or three. Ssh sessions with no
activity but an open shell would be fine just as long as there was no
activity. Sometimes when sessions appeared to lock up, I could salvage
them by typing furiously in the window and then maybe 10 seconds text
would come streaming through.

I'm not sure what to blame the behavior on but for the last hour I've
been running without the filter_flush_nat_table(); and I have had no tcp
resets or disconnects and downloads are not hanging at all.