[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jeffrey Goldberg <jeffrey at goldmark dot org>
 To:  Chet Harvey <chet at pittech dot com>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] SUMMARY: [m0n0wall] IDS or log watching utilities
 Date:  Fri, 8 Oct 2004 21:23:29 -0700
[mailed and posted]

On Oct 8, 2004, at 1:46 PM, Chet Harvey wrote:

> try fwlogwatch for quick and dirty. Real ease and slick....
>
> http://fwlogwatch.inside-security.de/

Thanks for that one, too.  It appears to be a nice tool.  I've just
sent off diffs to fwlogwatch's maintainer for compiling on OS X.

Why OS X? I haven't yet built the box I'm going to run Snort on.  I
guess I'll put FBSD on that one, so I can (re)learn it and be in a
position to build custom m0n0s (or even contribute).  The last time I
set up a BSD box was NetBSD in about 1990.
Also, I want a set of tools I can use on my iBook which is my only
portable.

-j