[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 To:  "Lew Maggio" <lew at lsfc dot org>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] captive portal HTML, etc.
 Date:  Sat, 9 Oct 2004 19:59:52 -0700
Hi Lew...

> I'm running m0n0wall on a PC, runs from CD, saves to floppy.  I'm
> wondering if there's any way to upload pictures to m0n0wall for a more
> elaborate and attractive captive portal page.  Or if not, is there a way
> of linking to external pictures?  I figure m0n0wall would definitely
> block external servers, so I haven't even tried it.

Recommended procedure iirc is to save the images on an external server and
include references in you html page. Add the IP of the external image server
to the allowable list of ip's of course...

Numerous advantages to doing this - only one site to update images on... and
the multithreaded nature of some browsers doesn't beat up your monowall
either ;-)

m/