[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jeffrey Goldberg <jeffrey at goldmark dot org>
 Subject:  Bridge to if and IP
 Date:  Sat, 9 Oct 2004 20:40:14 -0700
I am a bit perplexed by "bridge to interface".  What I would like to do
is set up a bridge between WAN and OPT1 (and use LAN just for admin of
the m0n0wall).  My understanding of a bridge is that neither side
should actually have an IP address.  But at least the GUI is insisting
that I give WAN an IP address or use DHCP or the like.

I very strongly suspect that I have misunderstood what "bridge to
interface" means.  Also, is there a way to do what I want.

-j