[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Andrew Frazer <andrew dot frazer at sententia dot co dot nz>
 To:  "'Mitch (WebCob)'" <mitch at webcob dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Captive Portal for networks that are routed to...
 Date:  Sun, 10 Oct 2004 20:50:30 +1300
In my case this is roughly what I have..

	----network X-----RouterX-----+

						+------Mono----Internet

	----network Y-----RouterY-----+

The internet is reachable from hosts on network X, and Y via Mono.    The
internet is also reacheable from a host on the LAN side of the Mono. However
only the hosts on the LAN side, are redirected to the captive portal.  Hosts
of network X, and Network Y are allowed straight through.  So as a 'router'
Monowall works fine.   The only problem is for some reason mono does'nt seem
to want to force the other users through the captive portal.

In this case I am not running any NAT, on either of Router X, or Y, or on
Mono.. Just plain old boring straight routing.  In Sylikc's post from below,
I imagine he is referring to where the router is doing NAT/PAT for all the
hosts below it.  In that case, his comments would be correct. I have in fact
( by accident ), have tried that scenario, and the results suggested below
are what I observed.