[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dave Warren <maillist at devilsplayground dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  DHCP requests over a filtered bridge?
 Date:  Sun, 10 Oct 2004 01:27:53 -0600
I'm currently running m0n0wall as a NAT server.  I'm debating bridging
WAN and OPT1 -- I'm curious if it is possible to use my ISP's DHCP
server to assign addresses on the OPT1 side of the network.

Ideally my goal would be to still have the LAN port working proving NAT
service for internal users.

Is this possible?  My initial testing is that DHCP requests don't pass a
filtered bridge, but I'm not sure if I have everything configured correctly.

--
Prayer has no place in the public schools, just like facts have no place
in organized religion.