[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  <db at netcon dot net dot au>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Can't get a combination of private and public IP's working
 Date:  Sun, 10 Oct 2004 09:21:53 +1000
I'm hoping to get some help for a problem I can't solve.  I've only used
m0n0 for one day and I'm not a real expert on routing, etc, so you'll have
to pardon my ignorance in some areas.  I connect to an ISP that routes a
small netblock to me.  I have some computers on the lan using private IP's
that are working fine, and I need to route the small netblock elsewhere,
here's what I've done so far.

Let's say the routed netblock is 203.1.2.120/30, it needs to be open to the
Internet because there's a bridge to server with its own NAT and firewall.

wan: ppoe/adsl connection.
lan: 10.10.10.0/24, all PC's can access the Internet.
opt1: ip set to 203.1.2.121/30   problem :(    203.1.2.122 is on the other
end of a wireless bridge that connects to opt1

I can ping and trace 203.1.2.121 from anywhere, but I can't ping 203.1.2.122
at all, trace from outside shows it stops at my wan ip number, trace from
the lan doesn't get anywhere.

I enabled advanced outbound NAT and entered  a rule in to make the lan work.
In the firewall I've allowed * out of opt1, and I allow anything with the
destination of 203.1.2.120/30 to come in the wan connection.

Actually, I've given myself another clue by typing that and reading it back,
but I'd still appreciate any help as I need to get this running fairly
quickly.