[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  <db at netcon dot net dot au>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Can't get a combination of private and public IP's working
 Date:  Sun, 10 Oct 2004 09:21:53 +1000
I'm hoping to get some help for a problem I can't solve.  I've only used
m0n0 for one day and I'm not a real expert on routing, etc, so you'll have
to pardon my ignorance in some areas.  I connect to an ISP that routes a
small netblock to me.  I have some computers on the lan using private IP's
that are working fine, and I need to route the small netblock elsewhere,
here's what I've done so far.

Let's say the routed netblock is, it needs to be open to the
Internet because there's a bridge to server with its own NAT and firewall.

wan: ppoe/adsl connection.
lan:, all PC's can access the Internet.
opt1: ip set to   problem :( is on the other
end of a wireless bridge that connects to opt1

I can ping and trace from anywhere, but I can't ping
at all, trace from outside shows it stops at my wan ip number, trace from
the lan doesn't get anywhere.

I enabled advanced outbound NAT and entered  a rule in to make the lan work.
In the firewall I've allowed * out of opt1, and I allow anything with the
destination of to come in the wan connection.

Actually, I've given myself another clue by typing that and reading it back,
but I'd still appreciate any help as I need to get this running fairly