[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  "'Colwig, Andre'" <Andre dot Colwig at t dash systems dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] dhcp on opt1
 Date:  Mon, 11 Oct 2004 09:55:22 -0400
Sorry, I was out of town until late last night. Here is a squeaky clean
version of my config.xml. I have removed IP addresses (obviously x.y.z and
a.b.c are different subnets) and MAC addresses.

Correct, I have DHCP *ONLY* running on my opt1 interface. DHCP on my LAN is
handled my SBS (Small Business Server).

How did you rename the opt1 interface? I changed the description of the
interface to "LAN2" via the WebGUI. Looking at the interfaces section of my
config.xml, there are three interfaces (lan, wan, opt1). The opt1 interface
has a <descr> field that the other interfaces do not have. The value of the
<descr> is "LAN2". The dhcpd section shows opt1 not LAN2. I think the
description is strictly for the WebGUI not for the underlying sub-systems
(i.e. DHCP and NAT/Firewall rules). Changing the config.xml to rename the
interface may be the source of your problem.

James W. McKeand