[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 To:  "Andrew Frazer" <andrew dot frazer at sententia dot co dot nz>, "'sylikc'" <sylikc at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, kasadsyed at alicemail dot fr
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Captive Portal for networks that are routed to...
 Date:  Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:42:32 -0700
> Sorry, I mis-inturpreted what I saw..  In fact what happens is,
> traffic from
> the 'routed' networks, does'nt make it through. They get an incomplete web
> page. I am told on good authourity that this is because the
> Portal uses the
> MAC address in the code.

I think the original intent would have been to increase security... an IP
address could be easily spoofed... but the IP and MAC which are currently
authenticated would be a little harder to spoof.

I've been asking for a way to disable the MAC test, which would allow use
for my idea (incidentally what Kemal wants too I think) as well as in your
environment.

What I was thinking of was a check box in the admin on the captive portal
setup, like "Enable MAC filter" which would default to on for the original
behavior, but could be unchecked to allow the kind of thing we're looking
for.

m/