[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dirk Enrique Seiffert - CaribeNet <ds at caribenet dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Soekris 4511 m0n0 Install
 Date:  Mon, 11 Oct 2004 15:36:19 -0500
Hello everybody,

we try to install the Monowall on the Soekris 4511 by TFTP from a Linux Box.

So far it looks fine:
# gunzip -c net45xx-1.1.img |dd of=/dev/hda
gunzip: invalid compressed data--format violated
4672+0 records in
4672+0 records out

Booting the board we get following errors:

Mounting root from ufs:/dev/md0c
md0: truncating raw partition
/: bad dir ino 572 at offset 0: mangled entry
panic: ufs_dirbad: bad dir

syncing disks... 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
giving up on 1 buffers
Uptime: 15s
Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press a key on the console to abort
--> Press a key on the console to reboot,
--> or switch off the system now.

What are we doing wrong?

Thanks a lot
Enrique