[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Andrew Greenwood" <lists at silverblade dot co dot uk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  OPT1 interface: Please help before I go crazy
 Date:  Mon, 11 Oct 2004 21:51:23 +0100
m0n0wall config:

LAN: 192.168.0.1
WAN: 192.168.1.2
OPT1: 10.0.0.129

OPT1 is connected to a D-Link Wireless Access Point, which uses the IP
10.0.0.130. The access point is configured in client mode, to connect to a
friend's access point.

But... I'm stuck with the old problem whereby I cannot ping the local access
point from my computer, however I can ping it from the m0n0wall box.

I set up an outbound NAT entry for the interface, which worked for a while,
and I was able to ping 10.0.0.2 (my friend's access point) - but then all of
a sudden I could no longer ping the local access point, nor could I connect
to its web interface.

So it's back to the same old situation where I appear to have to manually
create outbound NAT settings in order to even see the AP from my computer.
But why has this just stopped working all of a sudden???