[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Greg Smith" <gsmith59 at pacbell dot net>
 Cc:  "Jeffrey Goldberg" <jeffrey at goldmark dot org>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Bridge to if and IP
 Date:  Mon, 11 Oct 2004 20:59:21 -0700
Jeffrey,

In my limited testing with a net4501 it seemed certain that the
ethernet ports did NOT do MDI/MDI-X auto-detect.  [I had to insert a
hub in the mix to get the connection I wanted.  Try that, and see if it
lights up.]

I think the only thing they auto-detect is 10/100.

I suspect it is all part of keeping the cost as low as possible, for a
product which won't often have its wires changed.

Greg