[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Afshin Shams" <ashams at itmm dot ca>
 To:  "'Robert Bialecki'" <robert at konceptio dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Radius Authentication - NAS ID
 Date:  Tue, 12 Oct 2004 00:08:27 -0400
A couple of notes/questions:

1) Can you please add a redundant radius server definition, i.e., if the
first doesn't respond, then try the second...
2)  "   "    "     "  some form of detailed logging to help troubleshoot why
a user authentication may be failing
3) Regarding active portals, and web-redirection, you may want to consider
allowing for functionality such as:  Client hits http://login and this is
automagically resolved to the GW and the login page is seen, vs. relying on
web-redirection as there is currently some pending lawsuits regarding
Arcadia stating that they own the patent to this technology of
web-redirection for authentication purposes.

Regards,
Afshin