[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Steve Discher" <steve at acsfiber dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  HELP: Can Monowall do both NAT and public IP routing at the same time?
 Date:  Tue, 12 Oct 2004 09:42:15 -0500
I would like to multinet the LAN interface of the monowall router using both
routable and private subnets.

I set it up as follows:

WAN: Routable Static IP
LAN: Private IP 192.168.10.1  (on a /24 subnet)
OPT3: VLAN1 on the physical LAN port with a public IP 12.144.201.65 (on a
/26 subnet)

I turned on Advanced Outbound routing and added a rule for outbound NAT on
the LAN interface like this:

Interface	 Source	 	Destination	    Target

WAN 		192.168.10.0/24 	* 			*

I added a firewall rule for the OPT3 interface like:

Proto Source 	Port Destination 		Port
  *  	OPT3 net  	*  	*  			*

And the LAN interface like:
Proto Source 	Port Destination 		Port
  *  	LAN net  	*  	*  			*

The private subnet works fine and I can ping the OPT3 interface from the
outside but none of the hosts on the OPT3 subnet.  A traceroute to a host on
the OPT3 subnet stops at the WAN.  What am I doing wrong?

You can see the output of my status.php here:

http://12.144.195.21/status.php

---