[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jeffrey Goldberg <jeffrey at goldmark dot org>
 To:  gsmith59 at pacbell dot net
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Bridge to if and IP
 Date:  Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:04:07 -0700
[posted and mailed]

On Oct 11, 2004, at 8:59 PM, Greg Smith wrote:

>> The cables I've been trying with are NOT cross-over, but my
>> understanding is that the soekrises do automatic MDI/MDI-X detection.

> In my limited testing with a net4501 it seemed certain that the
> ethernet ports did NOT do MDI/MDI-X auto-detect.

Oops.  Thanks.  I suppose that I should have followed up on the
symptoms I reported.  The lack of a carrier light led me to make my
unsubstantiated claim about MDI/MDI-X in the soekris, but somehow
wasn't sufficient for me to actually check it.  The problem and
solution was right there beneath my nose all the time.

Thanks.  I'll give it another try in a bit.  (Time to dig up another
switch or cross-over cable.)

-j