[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Andreas Krummrich <andreas dot krummrich at t dash online dot de>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problems with net4501
 Date:  Tue, 12 Oct 2004 17:08:35 -0400
On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 20:04:18 +0200, Andreas Krummrich
<andreas dot krummrich at t dash online dot de> wrote:

> I have a problem with a m0n0wall on a net4501. The m0n0wall runs as a router
> for 15 clients using an PPPoE 1 Mbit connection. After an amount of time,
> nothing goes through the firewall from the intranet to the internet.
> I have to reset the firewall and nat state.
> After doing this, the m0n0wall works fine (until the next time, it hangs).

Sounds like you're exhausting the state table.  Most common reason for
this is one or several hosts behind the firewall infected with a worm.
 With only 15 clients and a 1 Mb connection, I don't see how you could
be overloading the state table with legit connections.

> Is this a hardware problem? Should I upgrade to an net4801?

Almost certainly not a hardware problem, and a 4501 is more than
sufficient for a 1 Mb connection.

-Chris