[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lasse" <lasse at blirp dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Feature request - HTTP Poster
 Date:  Wed, 13 Oct 2004 18:20:09 +0200
Hi,

Not being a developer but a technichian I'm wondering if it
would be possible to implement some type of HTTPposter in m0n0wall.
With HTTPposter I mean a function that can issue a HTTP GET command
with some variables at a certain time or at a certain interval (like
cron).

This would be great for several reasons :
- Here in Sweden we have a broadband provider that require the user
  to authenticate through a webpage to get access to internet.
  You can solve this with varius scripts that run on your server.
  It would be nice if you could solve this with the firewall.
- Able to update sevral dyndns sites.
- Post current IP to a webpage.
- The abillity to post "anything"

Cons:
- I can't do it (i think) because I don't now PHP.
- Don't think there is any cron availible in m0n0 att the moment.

So my question is:
Is this only useful for me or does anyone else see this as a feature
you would use?

TIA
Lasse