[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Christopher M. Iarocci" <iarocci at eastendsc dot com>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VPN broken in current beta
 Date:  Wed, 13 Oct 2004 17:47:24 -0400
On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 07:36:08 -0400, Christopher M. Iarocci
<iarocci at eastendsc dot com> wrote:
> Not sure if this has been mentioned, but here goes just in case.
>
> I have m0n0 connected to a Cisco router and 2 Netopia routers via
> IPSec.  Since the last beta release I've been having the problem of the
> VPN getting disconnected (for whatever reason, could be timeout, could
> be internet issues), and then never reconnecting unless I reboot the
> m0n0wall, or go into the VPN settings and click "Save".  It then quickly
> reconnects without issue, until it disconnects again.  With version 1.1
> and even the previous beta to 1.2b1 I did not have this problem.
> Nothing has been changed on the other ends for a LONG time.  Just
> thought I'd mention this.  Can supply logs if you want, although they
> don't say much because m0n0 seems to think it's still connected and
> never even tries to reconnect.

Check your SA's under Diagnostics -> IPsec.  I'm curious if you're
getting duplicates like I was with the new IPsec prefer newer patch.
Are they all doing this, or just one/some of them?

The latest beta seems to be pickier about mismatched settings.  I have
a VPN to a Cisco PIX that was fine for 5 months and immediately
started dropping left and right after upgrading to 1.2b1.  Changing a
mismatched timeout fixed it, though some issues still remain.  (it
stays up though, it's not a problem, just something I need to figure
out)

The thread "1.2b1 IPsec SA issues" on this page has some good info
from Fred Wright.
http://m0n0.ch/wall/list-dev/?action=show_threads&actionargs[]=200409#%2Farchive%2F4%2F20

-Chris