[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Barry Mather" <barry dot mather at dorecentres dot com dot au>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] VPN broken in current beta
 Date:  Thu, 14 Oct 2004 09:23:29 +1000
What are your MTU settings set to ?? I was also having this prob and
found that I had to use an MTU of 1404 ... 1492 is ok for normal
internet traffic, but the extra overhead of vpn packets was pushing the
packets over 1500 bytes, fragmenting and breaking vpn ... set to 1404 it
all works ok !
Also check your SA lifetimes are set to the same, suggest something like
28800

Hope this helps a little

Cheers

barry