[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  pisang <pisang98 at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  DHCP Server - more options - option 252
 Date:  Thu, 14 Oct 2004 07:40:20 -0700 (PDT)
I posted another message but nobody seems to
understand what it does I think.

I found out how to use the exec.php and downloaded my
dhcpd.conf from m0n0wall.

I changed it to:

option domain-name "domain.be";
default-lease-time 7200;
max-lease-time 86400;
authoritative;
log-facility local7;
ddns-update-style none;
subnet 10.0.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
 pool {
  range 10.0.0.128 10.0.0.255;
 }
 option routers 10.0.0.1;
 option domain-name-servers 10.0.0.1;
 default-lease-time 86400;
 max-lease-time 172800;
 option netbios-name-servers 10.0.0.2;
 option netbios-node-type 8;
 option wpad code 252 = text;
 option wpad "http://www.domain.be/proxy.pac\n";
}

So I added the 2 lines below:
 option wpad code 252 = text;
 option wpad "http://www.domain.be/proxy.pac\n";

But how to I tell the dhcpd demon to reload the
settings.  And how can I make this permanent on
m0n0wall after a reboot or reset ?

What does it do:
If you have a Proxy server on you lan and you wish
your clients to use that you need to manualy set this
in the options of Internet Explorer.

But if you use this WPAD 252 option in your DHCPD and
the IE options is set to Automaticly Detect Settings
then your IE browser wil look for this .pac file on a
webserver you difine, in this .pac file you put you
proxy server.

Now you can automate the process of deploying your
proxy server on all IE clients.

more info on
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-5.html#ss5.10

Or do a google on WPAD 252 DHCP option

What I would realy like a extra field on the dhcpd.php
where you can add these extra dhcpd option lines.
(or at least hidden in the config.xml)

(perhaps also for option time-servers etc

http://mail.yahoo.com