[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Phill R Kenoyer <phill at bmg50 dot com>
 To:  'M0n0Wall' list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Bridging multiple interfaces.
 Date:  Thu, 14 Oct 2004 13:41:26 -0700
I know that m0n0wall does not support bridging multiple interfaces,
but...

Can FreeBSD bridge multiple interfaces.  I currently have a Pebble
Linux box that I would like to switch over to m0n0wall because I have
problems learning IPTables.  I would also like to setup the captured
portal for user logins (NoCat no works due to the recursive login bug).
  Currently I have a few people steeling internet from me, and I have a
few customers with email viruses and spam viruses.  It would be easy
with m0n0wall to setup the firewall to stop that mess.

I have my Pebble setup with three wireless cards and two ethernet
ports.  I have wlan0 setup as a AP and wlan1, wlan2 setup as back hauls
to other radios.  I have eth0 bridged with wlan1 and wlan2.

pebble:~# brctl show
br0             8000.000024c17740       no              eth0
                                                         wlan1
                                                         wlan2

I would like to do the same on m0n0wall.  I have downloaded the SSH
patch to have SSH access to the m0n0wall server, but before I install
it, I would like to know if I can even do it.  Last time I used
m0n0wall as an AP I had all kinds of problems with it locking up due to
bugs in the AP code.  With SSH access I can setup scripts to reboot
when it detects any problems (or reset the interfaces).  On Pebble I
have cron scripts to do this, but Pebble does not have all the firewall
stuff I would like with the easy interface to configure it.

Thanks for any help you can offer.