[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Orman <david dot orman at orblivion dot com>
 To:  "Seth Rothenberg" <seth at pachai dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] more questions concerning which platform to use / integrated wireless or AP
 Date:  Tue, 12 Oct 2004 19:09:10 -1000
Neither state. :) I'm not going to go the PXE route, instead rely on CF
storage. I realize this will make it a PITA when upgrading the systems,
but I've had way too many issues with PXE in the past to chance it on
such a large scale. What would you suggest as a good solution as to a
wireless card for the soekris boxes? I don't want to encounter the
lockups on power saving mode issues I've seen posted here. Knowing that
I intend to use CF as well, which soekris box would you suggest? I
don't mind drilling out the hole for the antenna connector. The boxes
would most likely be indoors in most locations, but some might possibly
be outside. Likely I would do power over ethernet as well. I'm not
concerned about reliability with power outages, because the stores with
the wireless hotspots would be down as well, and thus it would not make
a difference. If I ever target residential areas for service, however,
I will investigate the solar panel route. If you could suggest some
high power cards (200-300mw) that you know are stable, I would
absolutely love it. I've found little to no information on this when
dealing with soekris machines and m0n0wall. :)

Cheers,
David Orman