[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Denis Mirassou <mirassou at cict dot fr>
 To:  Dirk Enrique Seiffert - CaribeNet <ds at caribenet dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Captive Portal (Free)Radius Client-IP-Address
 Date:  Fri, 15 Oct 2004 09:35:10 +0200
Dirk Enrique Seiffert - CaribeNet wrote:
> I am new to radius, maybe this question should be on the freeradius-lilst.
> Anyhow:  My Monowall is connecting to a freeradius server on the external
> interface. When a client connects through the captive portal, my radius logs
> show as Client-IP-Address the address of the Monowall. Is there a way to
> transmit the IP of the client accessing the captive portal?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Enrique

I also use a Free Radius server to authenticate clients via M0n0 captive
portal.
Radius log only mention M0n0Wall WAN IP address, like you.
It's normal (see Sylikc mail) but I would like to have the client IP
address too.
In fact, I would want date/hour/client login name/client LAN IP
address/client MAC address for successfull Radius authentication and
mention of clients leaves.

That's why I plan tu use Matt Juszczak patch (see mail "Authentication
Log Patch & Incorrect Title Fix" on 12/10/2004).
I applied it to M0n0Wall 1.2b1 but miss to do a FreeBSD bootable ISO
image, Keep on trying it...

Perhaps is it possible to modify M0n0 sources to add client IP address
in Radius authentication header but I will try to apply Juszczak 's patch.

I will notice the list if I can do that.

Denis

--
Denis Mirassou

Centre Interuniversitaire de Calcul de Toulouse (C.I.C.T)