[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chet Harvey <chet at pittech dot com>
 To:  westdam <m0n0 at westdam dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DLINK Dwl-520+ supported??
 Date:  Fri, 15 Oct 2004 09:43:17 -0400
The DLink 520 cards are based on the Texas Instruments chipset and are not
supported. Not too mention any cards that say they can double bandwidth can
only do so with windows based drivers.

That said, popular 802.11b cards for FreeBSD (m0n0) are Prism or Wavelan based.
For an access point you will need a prism based card. Senao/EnGenius cards are
very good for that at the PCMCIA type. For PCI cards, I am a big fan of the
NetGear MA311 PCI cards.

Chet Harvey
Protecting your Digital Assets
703.407.7311