[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  klist at dynamictrend dot com
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Can I use 2 upstream providers?
 Date:  Fri, 15 Oct 2004 09:53:03 -0400
Hi,

I've looked at the FAQ and the documentation and while I do see parts of
the configuration docs that talk about Optional Interfaces (4.4.4),
there doesn't seem to be any actual documentation beyond the header.

I'm looking for a firewalling product that would allow me to put my LAN
on the protected side and then share bandwidth between two or more
upstream providers on the other interfaces. It wouldn't necessarily have
to load balance but failover at a minimum would be nice. Better yet, the
ability to manually shape traffic so that certain ranges of IPs on the
LAN using one upstream and other using another would be most excellent
(assuming that failover to a working provider takes precedence).

Can anyone point me in the direction of documentation or example of this
sort of setup with monowall or at least give me an idea if it's possible
without too much hacking?

Thanks,
Kevin