[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jean Everson Martina <everson at inf dot ufsc dot br>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Captive with IMAP
 Date:  Fri, 15 Oct 2004 12:06:12 -0300
Hi all,

	I'm replying this message cause I fully desagree with the statement
that m0n0 whould not evolve with new and very usefull things just cause
people use it inside soekris or wrap boards.
	I personally use it in most cases within wrap boards, but I have some
cases where I run mono inside Dual Xeon 2.8 - 4 Gb RAM. Why we can not
have this stuff in m0n0, but disabled? if you choose to run m0n0 inside
a SBC board, no problem, just keep this features disabled, but if you
have machine power why not?
	the problem may be the U$3,00 plus to go from a 32MB CF to a 64MB? I
don't think so. Or may have more RAM, but this is a real problem?
	I developed lots of stuff to m0n0 in the last 3 months, but I gave up
to post here, cause the answer is allways the same: "Bullshit, m0n0
isn't developed for this purpose". Among this things I have squid
integration in 1.2b1, snort integration in 1.2b1, database support for
logging purposes, an even the internationalization. All of them ( don't
really think this ) too heavy for SBC boards, but not to the PC case.

Jean