[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dirk Enrique Seiffert - CaribeNet <ds at caribenet dot com>
 To:  Charles Toepoel <charles dot toepoel at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Soekris 4511 m0n0 Install (solved)
 Date:  Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:44:30 -0500

> It looks like some CFs are just too slow and won't work. We are using a
> generic CF with the fancy name "Super Talent Flash.". As we are somewhere
> deep in South America it will take us weeks to get another card: Maybe
> meanwhile somebody on this list knows a workaround?

Well, I will reply myself with a successful workaround:

Following this:

http://www.m0n0.ch/wall/installation_embedded.php

"gunzip -c net45xx-xxx.img | dd of=/dev/hdX bs=16k"

iwould let the Monowall boot:

Mounting root from ufs:/dev/md0c
md0: truncating raw partition
/: bad dir ino 572 at offset 0: mangled entry
panic: ufs_dirbad: bad dir

syncing disks... 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
giving up on 1 buffers
Uptime: 15s
Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press a key on the console to abort
--> Press a key on the console to reboot,
--> or switch off the system now.

I tried to re-write the image to the CF  with the same results.

Finally we mounted a smb device trough samba and finally we could write:
 "gunzip -c net45xx-xxx.img | dd of=/dev/hdX bs=16k"

Our "probably-too-slow-CF workaround" was not to use wget to download the
image to the Soekris, but mount a unit (ex: smb or nfs) to write the
net45xx-xxx.img.

Best wishes

Enrique

--