[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Matt Juszczak <matt at atopia dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Weird Problem after upgrade
 Date:  Fri, 15 Oct 2004 12:42:03 -0400 (EDT)
Upgraded to 1.2b1 last night.  Everything worked fine all night long.
This morning I came into work and no network activity was working at all.
We could ping the box, access the WebGUI, even ping to the outside from
LAN Devices configured as "pass thru devices" (no need to authenticate).
It seemed though that any web access to google.com or yahoo.com, etc.
would yield connection refused.  A reboot did not fix this ... but once
I reimaged the drive with the same image I imaged with last night, it
worked fine once again. (no changes, just a reimage).  I'm a little
nervous that this could happen again.  Thoughts?