[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Frederic BRET <frederic dot bret at univ dash lr dot fr>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0wall + radius + LDAP + non-plaintext passwd
 Date:  Fri, 15 Oct 2004 19:47:54 +0200
Hi

I'm new to m0n0wall, but I can't clearly find the answer in the doc or
the mailing-list. My fear is that it's not possible yet, but I'm not sure.
The basic link of m0n0wall with radius and local plain-text password is
OK, it's a good start, but it can only be considered as a start. My goal
is to store a huge user database on ldap, but if we but this aside, is
it possible to authenticate users of the captive portal using a radius
server (freeradius) and store the password as a non plain-text form,
whatever it can be (unix-style, nt-style). Store (or even know) the
plain-text form of a password is absolutely prohibited.
If not, radius_authentication.inc has probably to be modified to an EAP
authentication that could deal with something more usable with mass
deployment.

Am I wrong on the current capabilities of m0n0wall ? Will there be a
developpment on the radius link ?

Thanks in advance

Fred