[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Matt Juszczak <matt at atopia dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  BUG: 1.2b1 & Suggestion
 Date:  Fri, 15 Oct 2004 15:27:14 -0400 (EDT)
First, I'd like to establish the fact that there seems to be a bug in
1.2b1 related to the HTTPS server on port 8001.  It seems to be crashing
on one of my setups (my production setup actually).

A netstat -a showed that server not running on port 8001.  I went into the
config file, unchecked HTTPS support, rechecked it, and the server was
started again.  Later that same day, it went down again, and the same
thing fixed it.  (Actually the first time I reimaged first, but the second
time it seemed to be fixed just by the uncheck/check method).

Seems the process is dieing, and the rechecking of the HTTPS support
restarts the server.  My test setup is not affected for some reason even
though they share virtually the same config file (only thing different is
IP addresses).

As far as my suggestion, maybe on the initial status page a table could be
created for status, such as "Portal Status: check.gif" or "Portal Status:
x.gif" to show the status of the currently running processes that need to
exist for that functionality.  It took me a while to figure out why
currently authenticated users were able to use the internet fine (or
people in the passthru options who didn't need to authenticate), but
others weren't getting anywhere.

Any suggestions?  Ideas?  Comments?

Regards,

Matt