[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 To:  "Axel Eble" <axel dot eble at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Can I use 2 upstream providers?
 Date:  Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:35:15 -0700
> So far, this is not possible.

That's currently the case - though there are a few of us working on ways to
make it work!

> m0n0 is not geared toward enterprise
> grade. What you'd like to do is a quite complex setup that you can
> find primarily at enterprise settings.

This I TOTALLY disagree with. This is less and less an enterprise feature...
there are several routers offering this feature < $500 USD. Many clients I
work with that have FEWER than 10 employees have a second internet
connection and use manual switching - it's very cheap compared to the
disruption caused by downed email during an Internet service failure.

Not sure where you are located, but in Canada and many parts of the US, a
second high speed connection can be as little as $40 per month. That makes
it appropriate and cost effective for ANYONE who disires higher reliability
of their service.

Just my 2 cents.

m/

m/