[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 To:  Jean Everson Martina <everson at inf dot ufsc dot br>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Captive with IMAP
 Date:  Sat, 16 Oct 2004 11:40:03 +0800
On 15/10/2004 23:06 Jean Everson Martina said the following:
> people use it inside soekris or wrap boards.

m0n0 images are released for the soekris and wrap boards. a majority of
m0n0 users use m0n0 on those platforms.

> not have this stuff in m0n0, but disabled? if you choose to run m0n0
> inside a SBC board, no problem, just keep this features disabled, but if
> you have machine power why not?

a majority of m0n0 users also do not go as deep into the image technically
as you do, thus loading on functionality/features which diverge from m0n0's
goal will affect them. you obviously do not fall into this category as you
have the capability to add features into m0n0. and since m0n0 is open
source and released under the BSD license, you can do so.

complaining about this direction does not help your cause at all.

> integration in 1.2b1, snort integration in 1.2b1, database support for
> logging purposes, an even the internationalization. All of them ( don't
> really think this ) too heavy for SBC boards, but not to the PC case.

well done, i hope m0n0 has given you lots of satisfaction.